I have a Masters degree in Economics, and I spent the first 12 years of my career working as an economist in the Federal Government. I then left the government in 2013 and became the founding President and Executive Director of the newly formed Kanata North Business Association.
I built that organization from the ground up into one of the most well respected and sought after business associations in our city. I am also the inaugural Executive Director of another national Technology Council, working with companies and executives across the country. I’ve had a very successful and rewarding career in my short 39 years of life!
I have also been very present in our community, and not just at election time. I have been volunteering and leading a number of initiatives in Kanata North since 2002. I have consistently rolled up my sleeves and gotten to work when and where needed. I’m not afraid of hard work, and I am committed to our community.
Here is just a snapshot of some of my accomplishments that I believe demonstrate my ability to work collaboratively to successfully lead our community forward as your next City Councillor for Kanata North:
- When the community was upset and rallied to get a new traffic signal at Terry Fox and Huntsville Drive, I got to work and went to the Transit Committee to advocate for this light, which was installed last month.
- I created the proposal and program plan to introduce fresh foods at the Kanata Food Cupboard, which impacts over 1,200 people each and every month. I have been on the Board since 2010 including roles as Treasurer, Vice Chair and the last two years as Chair.
- I organized and ran the Ottawa Autonomous Vehicle Summit held in Kanata North for the last three years and was instrumental in launching the Autonomous Vehicle test track on Legget Drive (the only onroad test bed in Canada) and showcasing Canadian technologies.
- I was asked by the Mayor’s office to represent our community on the Mayor’s Trade Mission to India to attract more businesses and talent to our area.
- I organized yoga in the park and food trucks each Wednesday in the summer in the tech park for the last number of years.
- I was the lone Kanata member invited to participate in the city’s G33 Economic Development working group pulling together leaders in our city to solve some tough issues facing our economy and well being.
- I organized and planned the city’s largest and most successful technology focused career fair Discover TechNATA for four years running.
- I am responsible for the Kanata North sign on March Road declaring us as Canada’s Largest Tech Park. I was also responsible for the Serious Tech Lives Here banner program on March Road, Legget Drive, Terry Fox and Innovation Drive - showing pride in our community.
- I created the Kanata North branding and map with the technology company logos - now an in-demand calendar each and every year and a source of pride in our community and our city.
- I have sent a letter to the Mayor with over 40 signatures of our largest employers/Tech CEO’s asking for LRT and better bus service to Kanata North.
- I organized workshops and a Canada 150 art installation project that is at Beaverbrook library celebrating the arts in our community.
- I have organized fundraisers over the years for Kanata Food Cupboard and We The Parents focused on helping families with kids struggling with substance abuse.
- I have represented our community at Queen’s Park in 2017 seeking funding for 5G and AV related technologies.
- Founder TEDxKanata.
- Forty under 40 recipient 2015 awarded by the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce and Ottawa Business Journal.
- Kanata North Citizen of the Year 2012-2013.
- 40 Under 40 International Economic Development Professional Award 2016.
- Ottawa Community Housing Committee Member 2015-2018.
This is just a snapshot of the many activities I have led over the years, all committed to enriching and enhancing our community. I am a collaborative leader. I believe that relationships are key to success and this is how I have gotten to this point in my life - by building strong relationships.
I am ready to get to work and lead our community into the future with integrity and vision.